The non-profit council exists to provide opportunities for the non-profit sector to network with each other as well as with area and regional for-profit organizations serving the mutual benefit of our constituencies. The council further exists to promote its services, increase exposure and to engage in inclusive and mutually beneficial collaborative activities in the areas of training and technical assistance and to serve in an advocacy role as it impacts non-profit organizations’ work and individuals in need within Newtown.
- Opportunities to network with other community non-profit organizations; share physical and intellectual resources as possible
- Participate in educational and developmental opportunities such as workshops and seminars on relevant topics related to non-profit organizations
- Advocate for non-profit issues. Offer participating organizations a chance to showcase and review in more depth how services positively impact the community
- Opportunity to share other issues within your organization
- Shared calendaring, joint programming
- Fees: None. Meeting host provides food!
Upcoming Meeting Info
Interested in attending the next meeting of the Newtown Non-Profit Council? Reserve a spot for your nonprofit organization, and join the conversation!
Who: Registered Newtown nonprofits
When: Monday, May 17, 2021 at 10:00AM
Where: Zoom (RSVP for join info).
Next meeting is Monday, 5/17 at 10am and will feature a demonstration of the Reference Solutions database. Reference Solutions is a business directory that collects information on every open, active business in the United States. Reference USA has over 15 million records in its database and is a strong resource for finding basic information on any operating US business. Free access with your CH Booth library card.
Please RSVP if you’ll be attending and what organization you represent. Send your RSVP and any questions to Douglas Lord at: email@example.com
Organizations Serving Newtown (under constant development)